State Bank of India
A/c No: 0000123456789
IFSC Code: SB0001234
This proposed model covers aspects; of child (Anyone whose age is less than 18 years and needs help in his/her development and progress. A child is Identified only on the’ basis of age, not on the basis of their occupation or marital status. If anyone is less than 18 years of age but is married, has children and is meeting needs of family, even then the person will be called a child as per national and International criteria. Fven though, as per child labour prohibition act, an individual below the age of 14 years is called a child labourer, still in this training, we shall consider any body below 16 years as ‘child’) survival, development, protection and participation that will be implemented throughout the district. The ideation has been generated from the ‘Child Friendly Gram Panchayat (CFGP Child Friendly Grain Panchayat is a model covering aspects of child survival, development, protection and participation. The fundamentals of child friendly gram panchayat are child centered, fulfilling the interest of the children, child participation, family centered, community based, rights based and sensitivity towards gender). Under this program initiatives will be undertaken to make every Gram Pachayat ‘child friendly’ and platform will be created for children, families and their communities to have more structured engagement with the district administration and service providers. This process helps them to connect elected and public officials on regular interval on various issues that affects the life of children and their families.
The process creates an enabling environment for people in the district lo have close participation in their own development process. Regular discussion and debate, and collective action with share responsibility among the stakeholders empower the community as well as fasten the development process. The most Important part of this project Is children as right holders gel maximum opportunity to participate In their own decisions making process and lead the process in setting the indicators and monitoring the same along with elected representatives and service providers.
This model advocate for optimum utilization of existing resources allocated from Stole well as National government under various schemes and programs. As highlighted, the CFD model promotes effective participation of community more importantly children and recognizes their voices. The model champion for maximum use of humon resource potential available in the district and engage them with shared responsibility based on key fundamental principles of participatory development theory.
Build an enabling environment for children and their families in Sundargarh district by promoting the, concept of child rights; and facilitate the engagement between key duly bearers and children arid their families in the district to increase their access to right to survival, development, protection and participation.
- To mobilize and ensure participation of children, their families and other government stakeholders on child rights and development
- To develop safe living environment for children in every Gram Panchayat with ‘child friendly’ components
- To strengthen child protection mechanism at the Gram Panchayat level thorough capacity building and convergence
- To develop an effective convergence mechanism for coordination and improve holistic development of children at block and district level
This model will adopt. follow key strategy in order to achieve the desire results. This initiative will focus on six priority action (priority actions are 1) reduction of neonatal death, 2) reduction of stunting, 3) all children access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene, 4) all children are in school and learning, 5) protect children from violence and exploitation, 6) children capacitate to participate In their own development) areas and use corresponding flagship programs’ targets and platform as mean to facilitate children’s right to survival, development, protection arid participation.
- This model will use participation of children (5 9 years) and adolescents (0-18 years) as key vehicles of establish efforts will be made to constitute adolescent collectives to build their capacities and engage them In their own decision making. Children’s Gram Sabha will be organizing to promote citizenship/participation rights of children.
- This model will emphasize comprehensive mechanisms of planning, monitoring, review and coordination at Gram Panchayat as well as block and district level that involves and empower children, adolescents and their families to have open dialogue with key stakeholders and jointly contribute to the overall development and advancement of the district,
- Training is an integral part of the initiative. Series of training will be organized to train the children, adolescents, their families and government stakeholders on the other side training will be provided on the functioning of the model, process, indicators, targets, monitoring and review mechanism.
- First part of the initiative i.e. initially, efforts will be made on social mobilization with focus on formation children and adolescent collectives, development of Gram Panchayat Fact Sheet, indicators, Gram Panchayat report card and establishment of review/monitoring mechanism and coordinating platform. In the second part focus will be to ensure both platform and knowledge generated in first part are best utilised and there is continuation of dialogue and action in each and every level as per the plan. Basically actions are spread over lots of follow up support at (GP as well Block and district level with key stakeholders, monitoring and recording progress and sharing with key audience and revisiting priorities.
Donor: District Mineral Foundation, Sundargarh