State Bank of India
A/c No: 0000123456789
IFSC Code: SB0001234
Odisha Millets Mission is a flagship programme of Department of Agriculture and Farmers’ Empowerment, Government of Odisha.
Special Programme for Promotion of Millets in Tribal Areas of Odisha (Odisha Millets Mission) was launched by Govt of Odisha in 2017 to revive millets in farms and on plates.
DISHA is implementing the Program in two Blocks of Sundargarh District i.e. Nuagaon Block and Kuarmunda Block. Each block will cover at least 1000 Ha. in the 5 years. This area shall be taken up on a contiguous cluster basis. The minimum area per farmer is 0.2 Ha. per farmer. The maximum area per farmer is 2 Ha. Programme expects to cover at least 1000 households in a block directly. Programme shall cover 4000 households per block through production, consumption, processing, and FPO promotion activities.
Promoting Household-level consumption
- Building prestige in consumption of millets through organising cooking competitions based local culture and celebrations.
- Exposure to various recipes through a process of training, food festivals and campaigns.
- Promotion of ready-to-eat foods with millets such as Ladoos, Murukku and bakery items through local enterprises.
- Awareness building programs on nutritional values of millets to different stakeholders, especially mother committees of women and child department programs and school going children
- Convergence workshops with District/ Block level officials for inclusion of millet in different supplementary nutrition programmes by Govt.